The St. Kitts & Nevis Amateur Athletic Association (SKNAAA) will be launching its 2013 Athletic Campaign this coming Sunday 13th January 2013 at the New Recreation Ground in Sandy Point.
This Sunday’s meet will be hosted by the Sandy Point based Etonics Track Club at 1pm to Commemorate an impressive line-up of athletic activities featured in 2013.
The 2013 Calendar includes the following:
• Seventeen (17) Development Meets
• Five (5) Major Championships:
• National Juvenile Youth and Junior Championships – 3rd March 2013
• TDC Interschool Championships – 22nd – 24th March 2013
• RAMS Primary School Championships – 5th – 7th April 2013
• OECS Invitational 9th June 2013
• National Invitational and Club Championships -16th June 2013
• World Athletics Day – 11th May 2013
• Two (2) Road Relays
• Two (2) Ordinary General Meetings
Also highlighted are the Primary and High School Sport Days and the major Regional and International competitions for the 2013 Season.
Athletes will be ranked weekly based on marks achieved in their respective events and categories at the Development Meets, which will be used towards seeding for the National Juvenile Youth and Junior Championships and the National Invitational and Club Championships. Additionally, it is mandatory that athletes desirous of selection for a National Team must participate in the National Championships as it is a primary prerequisite.
The SKNAAA extends an invitation to all patrons and athletes alike to the launch of the 2013
Athletic Campaign at the New Recreation Ground in Sandy Point.